Thursday, October 24, 2013

My Super Speech Room




It is late October and since I have started seeing students this year, they have been so thrilled with my “Super” room. They love the theme. Plus, they chose it! At the end of each school year, I choose three themes for the students to vote between. The winning idea will be used the following year in our speech room. The choices were: Super heroes, Dr. Seuss or Eric Carl.  I was gunning for Eric Carl. He is a choice every year! Many of my ideas came from Pinterest. In the past, my themes have been frogs, dinosaurs, ocean, space, and owls.

I am really lucky to have such a big room. It allows for a lot of treatment space and the ability to decorate a variety of nooks and crannies.  This is just another way for me let my creative juices flow. I was even featured by Felice over at the Dabbling Speechie blog.

I created most of the decor, but did get some help from so friends. Another SLP in my district did a superhero theme last year, so she gave me the buildings and big superheroes. A DHH teacher friend made the pow/zing/zap signs and some of the puffs. I made the rest of the puffs for my daughter's birthday party and re-used them here. I got all of my clipart from Clipartopia  and Karolis Digital on Etsy. With these images, I made all the signs with the young super heroes, like my binder cover, rules, sticker chart, etc. I am hoping to make a set of Super Speech Themed items for my Tpt store. Follow my shop so you can see when a super pack arrives!






 



1 comment:

  1. LOVE your super hero room! I can imagine your students are always excited to go to the Super Room! I would be!

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com