Friday, November 15, 2013

My Favorite Blogs: Non Speechie

I started my first blog when I was pregnant with Finn, about five years ago. It became a place for friends and family to catch up on the latest news from our little home.  My husband and I were pretty committed to almost daily posts, but this fell by the wayside as baby number two came along and life got busy. We still post occasionally on our family blog, but probably not as much as our extended family would like.

Although I don't spend too much time blogging, I do enjoy reading other people's blogs. Here are my faves, the non-speechie types:

Creative Inspiration Blogs:

Want to see the most amazing art teacher in the whole entire world?? Now I think I want to go back to college and pursue a new career. But, I would have to copy everything Cassie does. Here she is: cassiestephens.blogspot.com

This is an awesome lifestyle blog with some cute kids. This  woman is a cooler mom than I will ever be, I get inspired with each of her posts: bleubirdvintage.typepad.com/blog

A great blog for mamas with sons. Nothing too girlie here!: allfortheboys.com

One of the most famous scrap-bookers around, Ali Edwards is simply amazing. Plus, she has a son with autism that she frequently writes about. It is neat to hear a mother's perspective on her son's abilities: aliedwards.com

Elise combines creativity, working and motherhood onto this blog, an inspiration for me. Plus, her house is amazing: eliseblaha.typepad.com

Blogs about People I don't Know:

Enjoy the Small Things is a blog full of great photography and honest confessions. A mom of three published a book, Bloom, documenting the surprise arrival of her daughter with Downs Syndrome. Enjoy: kellehampton.com

We all have secrets, here are some great ones: postsecret.com

The Nienie Dialogues is about a family in Utah and their life changing event: a fiery plane crash. Caught your interest? And no, it is not fiction, it is real life: nieniedialogues.blogspot.com

Funny Blogs:

Have you seen this one yet? It is pretty funny: awkwardfamilyphotos.com

This blog helps me to keep up with all current Hollywood gossip. Half the time I don't "get it," but it is pretty funny anyway: butyourelikereallypretty.com


Now that you have more blogs to follow, how do you read them? I was a die hard google reader follower. I loved it and was bummed when it shut down this past summer. How would I continue to follow my blogs? Would I have to re-type all of my blogs into a new reader?

Feedly.com is the answer! This reader makes it super easy to catch up on all things creative, funny and inspirational. 

Tell me, what is your favorite non-speechie blog?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com