Monday, November 10, 2014

Speech Timeline

Many of my students are working on goals that target concepts, prepositions, auditory memory, and following directions. One of the main components of these types of goals are TIME. For some of my kiddos, everything happened yesterday, or will happen next week. Also, their birthday is always tomorrow. To address the need for concept development, I came up with the idea of a Timeline.



I have a giant scrapbook addiction stash that includes these calendar pages. I added some sticker letters for each month and hung them at the beginning of the year. On the laminated paper hanging on my cabinets, I used a dry-erase marker to write as many concepts related to time as I could think of. These are used to help student find the word for what they are describing.



The Common Core State Standard is also included so we all know what we are working on. I got the set here



After we concluded our therapy themes for September and October, I created a photo collage from Costco. Now, when we start a therapy session, students with concepts/prepositions/memory/directions/time goals describe what has happened so far in speech this year.




My personal goal this year is to make sure I keep taking lots of pictures so we can continue to work on this!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com