Monday, October 13, 2014

Halloween in Speech

It is already October and I have changed my bulletin boards! I am keeping up the momentum from the beginning of the year to make things fresh for my students. They walked in on Monday exited to see what was new. I have a variety of activities planned that will enhance the bulletin boards, but for now I will show you the "before."

I make a haunted house every year for a following directions activity using ghosts. Not real one, sticker ones. 

This is my biggest house yet. All the spooky details are pictured below.






I also have the plan for the week on the board. I will blog soon about each activity. 

By the way, don't you love these chevron letters?!? They are magnetic! A dream come true for a girl with white boards for walls.
Above the sticker chart is the candy corn corner. Over the next few weeks, the artic kids will make a candy corn to add to the bulletin board. Pretty cute, right?

You know what I really can't stand?

Candy Corn. 

Even the smell makes me gag. I thought about bringing in some candy corn for the kids to have as a treat when they finished their paper version. But I just can't. I'm nice, but not that nice. Luckily, these  ones are fake, so I won't heave on the table during therapy.




If you are looking for a fun activity to do right now with your language kids, check out this game in my TPT store. It is super spooky and targets vocabulary. It is called Spooky Semantics, and it is just 3-bucks!

Spooky Semantics: Synonym, Antonym and Rhyme Activity

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com