Tuesday, October 21, 2014

More Halloween Fun!

Not only have my students been participating in all the fun Halloween activities posted about previously on this blog, many have done the following as well. Here is a sampling of the fun we have been having. 

This Halloween Feelings worksheet was perfect for my students working on pragmatics. We have been nearing the end of a feelings unit, so this was a great activity for them. It is  free from Lita Lita on TPT.










Another fun activity for my social language kids is the Funny Bones joke book. I found it here from Activity Tailor.
 











































Q-tip skeletons are all over Pinterest, like here. While practicing articulation targets, students made these little guys. After each turn (saying a sentence, a word 10x, etc.) they were given a "bone" to glue onto the paper body. The last piece was a skull sticker. Cute and scary!








































This Haunted House from Lingua-Systems (circa 1995) has been a staple in my therapy bag for about 10 years. I don't even know what book I took it from, or how it came into my possession. The student colors the haunted house and we slip a paper strip through the window. The pictures in the window target /g/ phonemes. A great activity for kindergartners. 



I have done this spider web activity for a few years. It is a great articulation worksheet that even includes spiders to print onto stickers. The student practices a word, and then puts a spider on that target word. You can get your copy here

To add some excitement and fright to the haunted house bulletin board in my class, we did a synonym and antonym sticker activity. The board was already covered with ghosts from this day in therapy. This time, I wrote little words on each sticker. The student gave a synonym and/or antonym for that word, and then could stick the Halloween sticker anywhere on the haunted house.
 










Sticker scenes from Oriental Trading Company are something I use for almost all speech/language therapy. They aren't too expensive. I use PTA funding to purchase them. Here are some that I have purchased: link, link, link. I often grab a card deck that targets articulation, concepts, semantics, syntax, pragmatics, or any other speech/language objective. After completing a predetermined amount of cards, the student is given a sticker to add to the scene. 
 






I found this activity from The Speech Space to use with some pumpkin coasters I have been storing for a few years. She also provides a blank pumpkin template. Students decorate their pumpkin with a jack-o-lantern face and Halloween stickers. We then describe our own and each-others pumpkins using phrases such as, "My pumpkin has a bat sticker," "Your pumpkin has six stickers," or "Our pumpkins have owl stickers." Great for syntax! 
 




We are having a lot of fun around here!




No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com